Friday, September 10, 2010

To go where the day takes me.


My whirl adventure started On August 18 ( I know, my positing is a little behind. What can I say, I've been having way too much fun: ) I headed out of Sacramento to Portland Oregon to crash with a fellow Cannonballer Karen Giezyng house. She and I got a chance to scoot out and about in town. Experiencing some of the local flavor, we stopped by Voodoo Doughnuts and tried their infamous Bacon Maple Bar. As the name suggest, it's maple bar with two crispy pieces of pork fried product atop! Never has something that sounded so wrong tasted so right! Delicious! Afterwards we scooted over to see the folks at Modified. They do screen printing there, and it just so happened that they were working on the official Cannonball t-shirts. Our short visit was colorful to say the least. As we parted ways, I was looking forward to meeting up with her at the starting line.

Next up on my agenda, I popped over to the other side of Washington to see some of my favorite Bastards, Blood and Styff. Good times are to be had for certain whenever you find yourself in their company. However, this visit was a special treat. It was Styff's birthday! The weekend was chocked full of fun-ness. We volunteered with the fire department at the Clarkston Brewfest,met loads of great people, listed to music, and even got to taste a few samples. Bloody cooked up a tasty birthday dinner, and we celebrated all weekend. Oh yeah, I also got to scoot up the Spiral Highway (again) and it was even better than I remembered it....ahhh, so twisty!

Onward to the cabin in Idaho! I drove up there to say hello to my parents and drop off my car and trailer. While the weather was less than perfect, the company was. Bloody and Styff came up for a bit. It just so happened to be Laughing Dog Brewery's
5th anniversary party. So, meeting my friends there, we enjoyed more music, more beer and more great people. Also, they had a trivia contest, and we rocked it! We got to enjoy the cabin for a bit, then Bloody and Styff had to say goodbye (damn jobs getting in the way of fun)

I was getting ready to say goodbye to Idaho as well. I left the car in the garage and (gulp)packed my life into the SYM RV250. And, it surprisingly fit! I planned to make my way up to Vancouver for a rally. So, the scooter part of my journey begins.......but that's for next blog : )

2 comments:

  1. You go girl, #1 all the way. Focus on the race and post when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Bo. We are all pulling for you in Sacramento! - Jack

    ReplyDelete